Sunday, November 4, 2007

Dias de Los Muertos



"Day of the Dead" is a cultural tradition of the Mexicans. It is practiced from October 31st through November 2nd. Some believe that it is a time to commune with their dead relatives. They offer "ofrendas" for their dead relatives in hopes that their spirits will visit their homes. It's difficult to understand this tradition when we, as Christians, serve a Living Savior and believe our relatives of the past, who chose to accept Christ as their Savior, are experiencing eternal life with Christ.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Thanks for the photos! I linked to your post at my post on the same topic.

Knightly Krafts said...

I just popped in on your site following a link on Jim's site! I am very pleased to see that you are promoting 2 of our favourite authors... John Piper #1... and I personally really enjoy Randy Alcorn (especially his novels!). Feel free to check out our blog... http://knightlyfamily.blogspot.com we are living in Namibia Africa! I think there should be a warning on Piper's book Don't Waste Your Life!!! :-)